The $1,000 (USD) scholarship will be awarded to one passionate student, with the aim of reducing some of their day-to-day financial obstacles so they can focus on their studies.
1. Applicants must provide proof that they have been accepted into a research position in biology or medical-related lab on a full-time or substantial part-time basis (minimum 9 credit hours worth of research work for the next two semesters). For the high school candidates it is acceptable to prove a proof of significant interest in biomedical research. This interest can be supported by a history of volunteering or internship in area biology and medicine.
2. Candidates must obtain and submit a letter of recommendation – either from a teacher/ mentor/ tutor/ or lecturer who knows them well or from an employer in a relevant healthcare services niche (must be signed and on letterhead to be accepted).
3. Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.60 on a 4.0 scale.
4. Deadline to submit an application is December 31, 2020, We will announce the winner on Jan 30th, 2021 and send funds by check
Certain additional materials are required for your application to be considered.
1. A response (at least 500 words) to this essay question: Explain your reason(s) for applying for a scholarship and why you feel you should receive one, and the type of career in the healthcare or biomedical related industry you plan to pursue and your future goals.
2. You may upload the following items when completing your online application:
a. A copy of your current college or high school transcript. If you are a graduating senior, your transcript must include grades for your senior year. Unofficial copies are acceptable; report cards are not.
You must also include a letter of acceptance from the healthcare or biomedical related post-secondary program you will attend.
c. Optionally, you can submit an abstract of your research. Those with meritorious research subjects and are currently engaging in research will be considered first.
For more information and to apply for this scholarship, click on VISIT below.