Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD Child of an American Veteran Scholarship
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Application for this scholarship is open to any student who meets the following criteria:
The legal child (natural or adoptive) of a veteran of any branch of U.S. military service (U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard) who is either a:
- high school senior with a cumulative GPA of 3.0.or
- student currently attending or enrolled in an accredited community college or undergraduate degree program with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Completed scholarship application.
- Proof of parent’s veteran status. If submitting a document with any sensitive information (e.g., SSN), please submit a redacted copy. One of the following examples can serve as proof of veteran status:VA disability benefits summary letter, DD214, or Military discharge certificate
- Current transcript.
If currently enrolled in college, submit a transcript demonstrating a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
It not currently enrolled in college, submit a current high school transcript demonstrating a GPA of 3.0 or higher AND a copy of the college/university acceptance letter proving intent to enroll.
- 500-word essay. (maximum) Please answer one of the following prompts:
How did growing up in a military family inspire your education and career aspirations
What advice would you give to a younger child growing up in a military family?
What do you believe is the single most important thing our society can do to help veterans and their families?
For more information and to apply for this scholarship, click on VISIT below.